Your Trusted Legal Allies For Probate Concerns
Navigating the Texas probate courts is the last thing that anyone wants to do when their loved one has died. At the Houser Firm, our team of esteemed probate attorneys can handle it for you. As one of Dallas’ trusted law firms, we care deeply about assisting our clients with every aspect of probate, estate administration and probate litigation. In our practice, we have represented hundreds of individuals in probate courts throughout the state.
What exactly does probate entail?
Our team of attorneys assists with:
- The administration of deceased individuals’ estates, both with and without last wills and testaments
- Assisting executors or administrators with probate administration requirements
- Preparations of federal estate tax returns if needed
- Helping executors and administrators understand and fulfill their legal obligations
- Representing beneficiaries of estates and ensuring that the executor or administrator is properly fulfilling their fiduciary duties
The complexity of probating an estate depends on a variety of factors, such as whether the deceased person had a will, whether the person had children from a previous relationship, whether a will contest is expected and the nature of the assets to be administered.
The Pitfalls Of Continuing Without A Probate Attorney
Some issues that probate attorneys can help your family avoid include:
- Executor or administrator misconduct
- Failure to comply with statutory requirements
- Delays in the processing or closing of an estate
- Mishandling debts from creditors
- Incorrect distribution of assets
Attorneys who do not regularly practice in the probate courts may inadvertently miss some critical parts of the probate process. We routinely work with courts in Dallas, Collin, Denton, Tarrant, Kaufman and Ellis counties, as well as other courts across Texas, and are familiar with the little procedural and practical nuances that frequently beset probate matters. In short, our probate attorneys are efficient problem-solvers who can save you time, money and effort in administering an estate.
Efficiently Resolving Probate Litigation
In some circumstances, a dispute involving probate or an aspect of the decedent’s estate escalates into litigation. We strive to resolve all disputes out of court wherever possible through alternative dispute resolution to minimize your expenses. As needed, though, our litigators are ready to go to trial to seek a favorable verdict in court. We have triumphed in litigation numerous times for clients with complex probate and trust disputes. We understand that enduring a conflict involving your loved one’s estate can feel extremely painful, so we try to solve matters as simply and quickly as possible.
Keep The Probate Process Clear With The Houser Firm
If your family is currently involved in the probate administration process, you don’t have to deal with it alone. Let a trusted probate attorney from the Houser Firm walk you through it. Contact us today at 972-777-3589 or send us an email to find out more.